The Most Unique Heli Lodge in Canada
Are you looking for something a little bit different, yet awesome?
How does this sound; ski first descents, in British Columbia's largest mountains, with the largest vertical runs in Canada while staying in single occupancy rooms at a ranch? Pretty epic, eh?
Uncharted Territory in the Wild West
Enjoy huge unexplored peaks, first descents as far as the eye can see, and genuine home-style ranch hospitality. With a maximum capacity of eight people per week, this is the perfect place for a close group of friends. You can book the entire facility and have a whole mountain range all to yourselves.
Our Pantheon ski terrain surrounds Mt Waddington, British Columbia's highest peak at 4,019m (13,186ft). A number of prominent Hollywood films including: “K2”, “Kundun” and “Seven Years in Tibet” were shot here because of the Himalayan scale of the slopes and escarpments.
The area is heavily glaciated, with thick forests and deep valleys guarding the flanks. The peak lay undiscovered until 1925 and was at first named Mystery Mountain. To this day the area is extremely wild and inaccessible, unless you have a trusty helicopter that is!
Heli-skiing in the Pantheons is a very unique skiing experience, and to date only a handful of lucky groups have skied here. You and your friends should be next.
For a great article on our Pantheon operation, see this issue of The Ski Journal.
Accommodation and amenities
All rooms are single occupancy! They are clean, warm and have new furnishings, cotton sheets and down comforters. There are three bedrooms on the top floor of the main lodge, a new cabin with three bedrooms, and the riverside cabin with two bedrooms. There's a washroom for every 2-3 rooms.
- Eight single occupancy private rooms
- Free wireless computer access throughout the ranch property
- River-side, wood-fed Finnish sauna!
- Large living room / dining room with river rock fireplace
- Sports bar with fireplace, billiards table, darts, games and satellite TV
- Massage rooms (we recommend booking massages ahead of time. To make a reservation, login here and on the "Lodges" page click on the “Treat Yourself”)
- Retail area with Bella Coola Heli Sports logowear
- Snowshoes, cross-country skiing equipment
- Ice skates to use on the frozen lake
- Note: there is no cell phone coverage at the Lodge
- Feather pillows (synthetic pillows by request)
- Complimentary satellite wireless internet
- iPod Docking Station
- Plush cotton bathrobes
- In-room thermostats
- Shampoo, skin and body care products by Eco (biodegradable)
- Plush cotton towels