SKI ON EVERY FULL DAY OF YOUR TRIP
Your free time is precious and we know you want to make the most of it. When trying to decide which heli-skiing operation to go to, accessibility is a key consideration. By choosing Bella Coola Heli Sports for your Canadian heli-skiing experience you will benefit from reduced transit times and simplified travel logistics.
Easy Access = More Skiing
Bella Coola is located only a short ~70 minute direct flight from Vancouver. Getting to Bella Coola quickly means you will arrive rested and ready to take full advantage of your full ski days!
- 7 Night Package = 7 potential ski days
- 5 Night Package = 5 potential ski days
- 4 Night Package = 4 potential ski days
- 3 Night Package = 3 potential ski days
Here is an example of what a 7 Night Package looks like;
Day 1 - Arrival to the Lodge
- Mid afternoon direct flight from the South Terminal at the Vancouver International Airport to Bella Coola or Anahim Lake (depending on the lodge you choose)
- Meet and greet with our team at the airport before a short ground transfer to the lodge
- Avalanche safety training upon arrival at the lodge
- Welcome reception prior
- Helicopter orientation
- Full day of heli-skiing the epic terrain of the Coast Range with a picnic lunch in the mountains
- Afternoon aprés
Days 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7
- Full days of heli-skiing the epic terrain of the Coast Range with a picnic lunch in the mountains
- Afternoon aprés
Day 8 - Departure from the Lodge
- Pack-up your room and luggage and come to breakfast in your ski gear
- Full day of heli-skiing before being dropped off at the airport by helicopter
- Late afternoon flight from Bella Coola or Anahim Lake (depending on the lodge you choose) to the South Terminal at the Vancouver International Airport
- Transfer to the Main Terminal at the Vancouver International Airport
- Board your connecting flight home (no earlier than 21:00)
On departure day you will spend majority of the day skiing your way to the airport. On arrival, your bags will be waiting for you so that you can change clothes before the short flight back to Vancouver.
If you live in North America, you can be heli-skiing in the morning and home later that night! How awesome it that!?
Busy Schedule? Maximize your time on snow
It use to be that if you could only get a few days off you wouldn't be able to go heli-skiing a backcountry lodge as the time and effort to get there would leave you with only 1 day or 2 to ski. Luckily for you, those days are done! With a short ~70 minutes flight to Bella Coola and Anahim lake, we can get you to the lodge and into the mountains skiing fast!
A 4 Night Package gives you 4 full ski days. For Americans and Canadians, you could take Thursday and Friday off, fly to Vancouver in the morning, board a flight to Bella Coola in the afternoon, then ski full days Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, before flying home later that evening in time to be back at work on Tuesday. So depending on where you live, you might only need to take 1-3 days off!
We do recommend a longer stay though. Why? MORE SKIING!
Shorter stays at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge - are available only in early season (late December to mid-February) when we have a special offer: on our Classic PLUS program we give guests a FREE extra night of accommodation and meals.
Shorter stays at Eagle Lodge - are available any time (4, 5, and 7 nights).
Shorter stays at Terra Nostra Guest Ranch - are available any time (4, 5, and 7 nights).
No Mountain Passes
To access many Canadian heli-skiing lodges, treacherous mountain passes need to be negotiated by road. Every winter there are closures that could affect access to those lodges. Fortunately for us, all our guests fly to Bella Coola, where on Arrival, they heli-ski right from the airport to our lodges! Or if it's snowing too heavily to ski on arrival day, it is an easy drive to the lodges through a valley bottom, with no mountain passes to go over. This is surprising given how awesomely rugged our terrain is!
Down Days Have Less Impact
Yes, we get the occasional down day because it snows so much in the Coast Range! Thanks to the ease in which guests can get here, we ski on more days than elsewhere. Therefore, even if there is a down day, it still might be possible to ski as much as if you went somewhere else that didn't have a down day...and you didn't need to take a long bus transfer just to get to the lodge!