The ultimate wilderness retreat
Enjoy an incredible combination of the world's best alpine heli-sking terrain and luxury chalet accommodation. Feel the exhilaration of heli-skiing untracked snow by day and relaxing in comfort each evening at our flagship property, a proud member of The Magnificent 7 - Luxury Wilderness Lodges of Canada.
Set on 60 acres of private land within British Columbia’s largest protected park, our historic property offers luxury lodge accommodation in an awe-inspiring wilderness setting.
Originally built in 1929 as a fishing-hunting lodge, the lodge offers access to an incredible combination of awe-inspiring heli-skiing and heli-boarding terrain, West Coast-inspired gourmet dining, a large outdoor hot tub, as well as a teepee sweat lodge/sauna.
Gorgeous timber-frame chalets sit on the forest's edge, located just 150m from a pristine fishing river (yes, you can throw a line in) and surrounded by the peaks of the mighty Coast Range. And it gets better; the helicopters leave from right front of the chalets (unless conditions are better down valley)!
Located in the Great Bear Rainforest, Tweedsmuir Park Lodge is in one of the best grizzly bear habitats in the world. In late summer and autumn guests can often see bears wandering past the lodge or napping on the lawn!
Heli-ski with us in the winter, then come grizzly bear viewing in the summer.
Accommodation and amenities
Accommodation at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge is hosted in nine private chalets, with a main lodge providing common space for dining, games, and socializing. The lodge has a maximum capacity of 16 guests per week, making it ideal for large groups wanting to book the entire facility, yet still intimate enough that small groups can get to know each other.
- Free wireless computer access throughout the lodge and chalets
- Spa facility with 12 person outdoor covered hot tub
- Cork floored gym for stretching and yoga, includes weights and exer-cycles
- Sauna/sweat lodge tepee
- Large living room / dining room with river rock fireplace
- Sports bar with fireplace, foosball, table hockey, billiards table, darts, games and satellite TV
- Massage rooms (we recommend booking massages ahead of time. To make a reservation, login here and on the "Lodges" page click on the “Treat Yourself”)
- Guest Business Centre with a desktop computer, printer, free internet, fax/telephone service
- Retail shop with Bella Coola Heli Sports logowear
- Large central lawn perfect for: Bocce Ball, Croquet, Volleyball, and Frisbee (all equipment provided….obviously after the snow has melted in the valley!)
- Icelandic Horse Rides
- Archery - Borrow a bow from our Reception Desk (choose from Recurve or Long Bow styles). Guests will receive a short intro from our guides at our archery range. We have equipment suitable for ages 5 and up!
- Note: there is no cell phone coverage at the Lodge
- Chalets have a Queen bed downstairs plus a Double bed and/or a single bed in the loft. The Grizzly Log Chalet has a King bed and single bed. For more specific descriptions, see here.
- Feather pillows (synthetic pillows by request)
- En-suite washroom with shower/bath
- Complimentary satellite wireless internet
- iPod Docking Station
- Coffee Machine
- Plush cotton bathrobes
- Gas fireplace (Loft Chalets only)
- In-room thermostats
- Hair dryer
- Local artwork
- Shampoo, skin and body care products by Eco (biodegradable)
- Plush cotton towels
- Clothes hangers & luggage rack